1. Federal Action Alert - Help us urge the Obama administration to demand more of a response at the spill site, and reinstate our Federal Offshore Moratorium. Over 10000 letters have been sent.
2. Gulf Oil Spill Tracker - Surfrider Foundation and SkyTruth have launched an interactive website, that lets you document what's happening to your coast. Using an interactive map, you can report text descriptions, photos, and links to video of your beach before oil hits and after.
3. State Action Alert for Special Session (FL Only) – Our legislators are holding up Gov. Crist's request for a special session to make oil drilling a 2010 ballet item.
4. Training - BP has hired PEC Premier to organize training throughout Florida. There are a number of locations this weekend and next. Once you have done this step contact www.volunteerflorida.org to volunteer your time.
5. Walk your beaches daily to ensure so garbage or plastic debris is present. Do not disturb bird nesting areas!
6. Save the Date: Hands Across the Sand Nationwide, June 26th event. Stay Tuned!
To report oiled wildlife, please call 1-866-557-1401
To discuss spill related damage, please call 1-800-440-0858.
To report oiled shoreline or request volunteer information, please call 1-866-448-5816.